Monday, July 9, 2012

Willpower Say What?

What a rough weekend I had with food. Ugh, drove me absolutely nuts! I weighed in on Saturday and was upset with myself because I had gained .4 lbs. Now, that may seem minor which it really is but I took it way out of control. I beat myself up because I am working so hard to try and lose 60 lbs by December for the cruise. What did I end up doing? I gave in to the little devil in my head saying "go eat from the closet, no one will know". Yet, you know who knew? I did, and felt completely guilty after the fact because I knew what I did was wrong and I cannot take any of that back. There is no way to "throw up" the calories of what was eaten during that period. I just have to accept that I was week and tomorrow is a new day and I can start over again. That is just what I did.

I decided that in order to aid in my weight loss plan, I need to be proactive about meals throughout the week. This means planning out what I intend on eating and what kinds of exercise I need to do in order to accomplish what I need to. Yesterday, what a struggle day with my willpower but I won. How do you ask? Well, I planned to have this yummy taco pie for dinner. I went out and bought all of the ingredients needed to make it and I was so excited. After I came home, I was informed that everyone was going out to the diner. (Say what?!) Realizing that I most likely gained the .4 lbs from eating at the diner, I chose to be proactive and stay at home and eat my taco pie. (It was to die for by the way) I am not going to change my meals because of what other people do or do not want to do. It is time to take care of me, and me alone.

Fast forward to today, I planned all my meals, recorded them and was ready to carry out my day. There were no problems in the morning and afternoon and I really enjoy knowing what I am going to eat and not have to question or wonder what to do for snacks or meals. On my way home with family, someone asked to get a 20 piece McDonald's Chicken Nuggets (940 calories). We stopped and got it and once I arrived home, I had leftovers of my taco pie and some tortillas. Still delicious even though they were leftovers. I contemplated reaching over and have a chicken nugget but know that the grease and fast food is not healthy or good for my diet. So, I did not eat one and ate my dinner which was delicious! 

I guess the point of my post, is that I am realizing how much willpower I actually have. To be able to sit and eat dinner knowing I could grab a chicken nugget and devour it but instead turning away and saying no, was pretty easy. Every time I pass on eating something unhealthy, I feel even more powerful than before. I am going to be rocking the weight off with this willpower before you know it!


☼Ashley☼


2 comments:

  1. Great job! I have found the only way to keep me focused is to plan all of my meals too. I do it first thing in the morning for my breakfast, lunch and snacks. Dinner I add if I know what I am going to have

    ReplyDelete