Writing this blog today, I was not sure as to what I wanted to talk/write about because there seems to be so many thoughts racing through my mind recently. I stumbled upon the video that I have below on a website that I follow religiously and after watching, things were put into some perspective for me.
So, my post today is about me being an inconvenience to others. It seems to occur more and more in my daily life that I do not fit into what other people want to do as far as going out to eat. There are people who enjoy eating out all the time and try to encourage me to be like one of those people but if I did, I could only imagine myself being 300+ lbs. That stresses me out more than anything! After eating so badly for so long, I need to get myself back in check and that is what I am doing by packing my meals and watching my food intake. This body of mine has a lot more to go through in life seeing as I am only 22 and I want to make sure my body can last through it all. That means taking care of myself and working to maintain a healthy weight and being active.
I make my meals at different times because I do not want to eat with people who are not supportive or who want to sabotage me. I refuse to cook a whole family meal because of the 'is that it?' comment. I have learned that life is not about everyone else, there needs to be time to take care of me, and if that means I count my calories, use measuring cups to measure my foods and eat at a certain time, well so what? I am comfortable with it because I am working towards a hard goal in life, being healthy.
All too often people get sidetracked and go meet up with friends and where is it? At a diner or a restaurant, where there is food and no way to track calories. Why? It is fast and easy and no one has to cook anything, you can sit and chat. What happened to dinner parties? Or inviting people over to your house and pre-making the food before guests arrive? We are so wrapped up in socializing around food that we forget there is a whole world of other things we can be doing that does not consist of us sitting on our bums, eating.
There again people stare and judge you because of your weight and because you do not care what you are putting in your mouth by going out to a restaurant. Last time I checked, skinny people go to restaurants as well, right? This world is made up of all different shapes and sizes and it is what makes us all unique. Just because a person is not doing what you want them to do, it should not be an inconvenience to you. Or at least, do not vocalize it day after day. It tends to get repetitive and annoying.
☼Ashley☼

Good for you for staying committed to YOURSELF!!
ReplyDeleteIt's important to not let others make you feel bad about your choices. It's so nice to read the challenges others are facing...because...we all face them, and it gives me hope and willpower to do the same!
We had a client bring in chocolates to work. First I said, I won't have any...then I said, I won't have any until they open them in the back. Then I noticed that 2 chocolates was 130 calories and I remembered that my 20 minutes run/walk last night only burned about 115. Would the 2 little chocolates be worth it? NOPE! So, I haven't had any...yet!
In the end run I have to live in this body and I need to make choices that benefit me.
ReplyDeleteThe calories always seem to get me as well! We have a rather large bag of M&M's sitting in the closet downstairs at the moment. I have pulled them out several times but once I looked at the calorie count I put them back. 210 calories for a measly portion of chocolate? No thanks, I can put those calories towards something much tastier and will satisfy my chocolate craving.