Monday, July 16, 2012

Money Tips

I think most people would agree that they would love to get money as a tip every once in a while. It is almost like free money but you work for it. That waitress that you gave a hard time to the other night because your meal wasn't what you wanted because the cook messed up, deserved a good tip for putting up with you. My brother, likes to get tips for mowing the lawn once a week.

One thing I hate for sure is exercise. The idea of taking time out of my day to go and get sweaty for an hour or two does not appeal to me. However, every time I see a skinny girl out at the mall and I want to punch her because she has those genetics, I decide to ride it hard with exercise. I have been exercising for 14 weeks and while it is getting a little easier for me to do all the things I do (stairmaster, cardio, aerobics), my love for exercise has not changed. There are days I am able to tolerate it more than others (NOT hot days) which is great. It is the motivation that drives me to exercise and to sweat like a big. I figure if I am going to exercise, I might as well go hard or not do it at all.


Over the weekend, the picture below was on my news feed. It was of a workout tips jar. The idea is to tip yourself $1.00 for EVERY workout you do. That means, because I work out once a day, I pay myself a $1.00 every day. I really think I like that concept. In addition to my reward of ice cream, I get money. Is there anything better?


Since I have recorded my work outs on another web site, different from LoseIt!, I am taking advantage and including those in my workout tips. What is my goal you ask? I am saving my tips up until next year at this time, when I will be able to go out and buy a kayak. That really motivates me to workout. This time next year I will be posting pictures on here of me in my beautiful kayak on the Lehigh River or maybe even the Delaware River.


☼Ashley☼

1 comment:

  1. What a great goal and reward. For sure I want to see those pictures next year!

    ReplyDelete