As I mentioned, I love exercise. It is a major step up from where I was last year or even the beginning of this year. In deciding to lose weight and exercise, I decided that exercise needed to be my main priority before I began worrying about what I ate. It is harder for me to watch what I eat and then incorporate exercise. Why? Easy, the numbers on the scale tends to go up for the first 12 weeks of exercise because of building muscle.
Yesterday I decided to take the plunge and buy a year membership at the gym. The nice thing is I was able to get another 2 months free because of a special they were running. I have gone both yesterday and today and spent a couple of hours both days there. There are so many benefits to the gym; the numerous workout machines, weights and classes. Today as I worked out on the elliptical, I observed all the people lifting weights to see what kinds of tips I can take away from their workouts. It was very eye opening and many things I saw, I will use when I work out.
The fun part is posting on loseit.com every time I work out and what machines I use. Today, I found the perfect comment from a guy named Joe. He came to the conclusion that "you're carrying out a vendetta on exercise machines everywhere." Whether that is true or not, is my secret but it is safe to say that is what I am doing and loving every minute of it.
I guess the main idea I want to get across, is find something you enjoying doing for exercise. Each person has their own strengths and weaknesses along with something they are good at. The options are endless when it comes to exercise/playing sports, you just need to try and find your outlet and run with it. I used to play softball among other sports and while that is no longer an option for me, working out, using the elliptical is one of my favorite things to do. Try not to get discouraged if you do not find something right away, it will come, just try and it will be worth you while.
☼Ashley☼

Way to go with the committment of the gym. My suggestion if you really want some great tips on using the equipment, weights, etc....get a personal trainer...even for just one session! I had one when I was going to the gym and it was great! If you can afford it, meeting with one on a regular basis is fantastic. They will push you harder than you can push yourself!
ReplyDeleteI am really starting to love running. I want to do it everyday, but I also know I need to rest a bit in between. I don't know what my fasincation with running is...only that I have wanted to do it for a long time, but never thought I could AND it just seems like the "ideal vision of fitness"
So, how come you can't play softball anymore? Medical issues or is it just your feeling because of your size? (no offence meant by that...just being real...'cause there are so many things I think I can't do because of my weight, but if my 3 short weeks of running has taught me anything...I CAN do it! Perhaps you just need to find a "fun league" where it doesn't get quite so competitive.)
I hope the gym is everything you want it to be! Have fun with it! :-)
I have a medical issue with my knee that forces me to stay off the field. :( I have the tendency to move the wrong way and get water under my knee cap for a week at a time. It is not a pretty sight.
ReplyDeleteI truly and enjoying the gym! I had a personal trainer the last time I was there so I am using the machines she told me to use.