Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Elf4Health

I love support groups and having others encourage me and encouraging others. With the holiday season coming up a fellow blogger posted about a challenge coming up called Elf4Health. Basically we are all assigned an "elf" or buddy for two weeks. Our goal to motivate the other person and support them through blogging and e-mails. I was so excited to look at the nicely created spreadsheet by Elle and Lindsay. They are working hard behind the scenes to create a successful event for all of the 800 participants involved.

My Elf for the firs two weeks is a lovely woman named Crystal. She is a fabulous person that is so full of life and enjoys communicating with me. I enjoy receiving e-mails from her on a daily basis, once in the morning and another at the end of the night. While we are only two days in, I like having that constant contact and be able to see where we are struggling. I am using the perspective that I am telling her what my plans are and I cannot let her down. Almost as if this was a relay and we are relying on each other to hit a home run with these two weeks.

Each week we all receive an e-mail with the upcoming events and challenges for each day. This week is not looking too difficult.
Monday: Go meatless. I was able to do this except at dinner because of the 2 pieces of bacon I ate.
Tuesday: Unsubscribe to at least 3 emails. I was at 75 and am down to 25. 
Wednesday: Try a new workout
Thursday: Call someone to tell them you are grateful for them
Friday: Track your water intake
Saturday: Treat yourself
Sunday: 100 Burpees

I have been re-motivated to finish 2013 off on a high note. Not to mention I want to crush my Diet bet challenge and see 175 for the new year. My other challenge for the week is to burn 3,500 calories. With have a pre-Thanksgiving feast tomorrow night and then Thanksgiving on Thursday, I do not want there to be a question with weigh in. I am knocking it out of the water.

I have not felt this inspired in a while. Keep your mind open to everything around you and inspiration will come to you when you least expect it. If you want to participate in the Elf4Health, there is still time. You can join the next round which will happen in two weeks. Cheers to taking the steps to make your life better.


1 comment:

  1. Ashley,
    This sounds like an awesome program to be a part of! I hope the daily contact helps and keeps you motivated! :-)

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete