Saturday, November 16, 2013

Weather Struggles

Colder weather has always been something that I have enjoyed. As a young child, I enjoyed going out and making snowmen and hanging out in the snow. I was warm and looked like a little Eskimo. 

We would sled down the driveway or the dirt bike trail behind our house. I did not mind going out and shoving the driveway with all the annoying blue stone since our driveway was not paved. 

Things started to change for me last year though. Since starting to lose weight, I never seem to get warm even in the hottest days of the summer. It is only mid November and the cold has hit me hard. 

  1. I have not exercised since the end of October. Why? Because it is too cold in my house and I rather sit under blankets than actually move around even though I will get warm. 
  2. Eating is sporadic. Unless it is warm, I do not like eating it. Nope, no ice cream, not into yogurt. Milk? Forget about it. 


What does the winter mean to me? Well, I need to get my butt moving, whether I want to or not. I have to get in the mindset that I will not be this cold next year. I need to get to goal weight so that I can be firm with my clothing outfit purchases and not worry about dropping sizes from one year to the next. I am only 33 lbs from goal weight, so close and yet it feels so far. I need to kick this cold weather's butt so that I can prove to myself that I am totally worth it.

Cheers to the winter, with all the lovely holidays, and cold weather. Cheers to my continued journey of looking and feeling healthier than ever.


1 comment:

  1. Ashley.... I am the opposite, so I hope maybe I can help alittle in the motivation department. As a native (and current) Floridian, it doesn't get "cold" here except for about 4 weeks between Dec & Jan. (It was 86 today... YUK). And, as much as I have never experienced snow, it DOES get "COLD" to me. But, on those days, I wake up 10 minutes earlier than I usually do for a workout, sit in a comfy chair with my still-warm blankie, and use a heating pad to get my body heat kick-started, while stretching and getting my joints lubed up and ready. Yes, the cold will bite just alittle more on your initial start out the door, but you'll warm up quicker than just a normal stretch before going out. Hope the cold doesn't bring you down too much!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete