Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Chew

One of my friends posted on Facebook last Sunday that she had an extra ticket to go sit in the audience of The Chew on Tuesday. So, I decided to jump on the opportunity and spend the morning in NYC at the taping. I was so excited to go, and not just for the fact it was my first time at a taping but also because I was able to take the train in to the subway over to 66th street.

Now some of you may not know but I grew up on Long Island, so I jump on the chance to get back into the city whenever I can. I could not help but take pictures of my exciting day. Lower Manhattan on my train ride in. The tallest building is of course the Freedom Tower. It was BEAUTIFUL and such a great sunrise! 

I got off the subway at 7am and walked over to Columbus Avenue and 67th street. On my walk over, I was excited to see one of the news shows. 

My friend Catherine and I were able to get in quickly. We got our tickets and we were number 15 and 16. They moved us from the street to a white room to wait until we could move to the studio. They started calling numbers and so we got in when they called 1-20. We all walked down a long hallway before getting to where we sat as an audience.

This was my view from where they put us, the third row on the right. Which means, that you will be able to see my beautiful face a lot during the show. It was tough not looking at yourself in the camera that was showing the audience what they were looking at.


So we all were sitting and the Emcee was pretty hilarious. He kept us laughing and entertained while getting ready for the taping and in between segments. There must have been 8 segments and each was about 5 minutes so they had music and Carla Hall was up dancing and enjoying herself with the audience.


During the segments, we were not allowed to take video or pictures so we waited until the end. Curtis Stone was not on the show and they had a guest come in. They were all great for standing and letting us take pictures of them.

The whole taping took about 1 hour. The audience members at the end of the show were given 3 coupons for green giant vegetables and a $90.00 gift card. I am still debating on what I want to do with mine. I have so many options.

Catherine and I decided to snap a picture at the end of the segment. I loved that we were able to go and experience this together. It was such a blast!

I researched a good place to eat brunch since we were out of the studio by 10:30 am and I was hungry especially since I ate sporadically starting at 3:45 am when I got my butt out of bed. So we went to this cute Morningstar Diner on the corner on 57th and 9th Avenue. I would certainly recommend it to anyone, the food was great and since the windows were all glass, the sun was shining on us giving warmth.

Catherine and I journey back to Penn Station so I could catch the next train back out to New Jersey. Luckily I did not have to use my subway card so I will certainly be heading back out to the city soon so we can go see a show or something. In true tourist fashion *eventhoughIamnotatourist*, I had to take a picture of the Empire State Building.

I will certainly be meeting up with Catherine again soon. I predict a Broadway play in my near future.

But, if you want to see the episode that I am in, check out The Chew on Monday November 25th at 1pm EST on ABC. I will be there in my purple shirt, smiling from ear to ear. If you have never been in the audience before, I suggest you do it. It is such a fabulous experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat.


1 comment:

  1. I missed the show but I can find it on demand! I've always wanted to be in the audience of a show..... I have been on screen during a baseball game, but only briefly (I always support the "away" teams so I'm never on a screengrab for the home team's feed)

    It musta been so awesome to travel in to the big city! I have never been to NYC..... I will go some day! :-)

    Loved your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete