Tuesday, September 3, 2013

This is Who I Am

In my mind my blog has been the spot for me to share my experiences during my weight lost journey but also to give people hope and help them realize that they are not alone. Recently, I have begun following blogs that do not revolve solely around weight loss. One of those blogs is written by Kay over at The Best of Intentions and today she posted that she is taking part of a challenge for the month of September. She inspired me to check out this challenge and I found it over at Story of My Life so I decided to take on this awesome task for the month of September. 
Today's challenge: Describe where or what you come from. The people, places, and/or factors that make you who you are.


I grew up on Long Island and then moved to the country when I was 14. It was a tough adjustment starting High School but I did it. The cows are a constant source of scenery on my walks during the day.


I went on to my 4 year school at Rider University. I had two of the most life changing years I could ever have imagined. I especially enjoyed student teaching and knowing that is what I am meant to do with my life.


I began volunteering at a retreat house where I meet people from all walks of life. They are all my family and I would not have it any other way.


Recently, I have found myself involved in social justice and supporting immigration. Our laws need to be changed to better everyone. The picture on the left was too cute not to post. When I am not working, going to college, or volunteering I am spending time with the ones I love. Luke is someone I adore and enjoy being around him cause he brings back my childhood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment