Saturday, September 14, 2013

Diet and Exercise Changes

After 12 days of waiting for my DVD program from my friend Erika, it arrived in the mail on Monday. The program is called Turbo Fire and it is a program that focuses on HIIT workouts and gives a number of different programs and a schedule of which DVD's to do on which day. I started it on Monday with my first day off on Wednesday and I feel great! It is a super easy workout and a lot of it is repetition but once I figured out the counting for the moves, it goes by quickly. There are 1 minute drills throughout each tape which make it interesting and then the rest breaks are great. By the end of a 20 minute workout I am drenched in sweat, and I love the feeling!

The class really brings you in as if you were standing among the rest of the group doing the exercises, Chaelene is a great support and motivates you to push yourself father than you ever expected. I tend to be a person who gets nervous doing exercise videos because of lack of support and possibly being poked fun of by family but I just get into my workout routine and all is forgotten around me.

In addition to adding this program, I have read online that one should also look at nutrition and focus on the ratio of fats/proteins/carbs and try to up the proteins/carbs and lessen the fats in your diet. Before getting ready for this program, I never took advantage of looking at the reports on LoseIt! to see what my eating habits really look like and what if anything I need to change. So this week I have been focused on the reports and I have increased my protein intake from 17% to almost 30%. Both carbs and proteins have come down a bit and what a difference it has made. I have so much more energy now even with staying under my calories budget. I feel energized to do anything and not feel sluggish throughout the day. It has been a wonderful change and I am embracing it while playing with how to keep my protein intake up and trying new recipes.

Have you tried anything new recently? Was it something you would keep in your lifestyle or do you want to change it? What can you do to improve your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment