I began weight watchers 10 years ago at the age of 13 weighing an astounding 213 lbs or there about. In the years since, and two tries at getting my weight back in check, I have never once hit that number or close enough to it. For the first time in 10 years I am proud to announce that I have once again hit that weight number!! It has been a long hard journey but I have gotten there and am motivated more so than ever to keep kicking this extra weight to the curb.
I am ready for a new chapter in my life. I am ready for the new healthy changes. For the first time in a long time, I am not scared of going into Onederland. I am excited to see that number on the scale. I cannot be afraid of what lies on the other side because nothing is certain. I had once worried about how men would treat me once I became "thin", but I have come to realize no matter what weight I am at, a guy will be inappropriate and it is not my fault, it is theirs. It is all they know and what they have been taught, or lack of class as I like to say. I cannot let fear hold me back from my future, from what I may look like. Every day I look in the mirror and I can see how beautiful I am becoming just in my face. Tonight I decided to wear my hair in natural curls and put it in a pony tail, wore pearl earrings, eye shadow and eye liner. I felt so pretty and saw it for the first time in a long time.
I think that losing weight is so difficult for so many because we are humans are afraid of change. It does not matter whether it is good or not, it is scare due to the "unknown". So to compensate, we push things off or try for only so long, fail and decide that it is too hard or it must be you that did something wrong. Then the mentality repeats and we feel like failures and do not try to figure out why we failed in the first place.
Have you taken a step back to reassess what you want in life? Have you ever failed at something and never tried again? Reflect and try to find the underlying issue, the reason you failed in the first place. There is always a reason whether subconscious or not, it is still a reason. Resolve that issue, by yourself or with a confidant. As the saying goes, if you fail try try again.
So what is stopping you from trying again and succeeding?
☺ Ashley ☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Good work girl!
ReplyDeleteYou are making amazing progress and I admire that!
Hope you update us with pictures! :-)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! You have given me something to think about for sure. What have my success and failures been?
ReplyDelete