Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Good-bye February

Since we are one day away from March, I feel it appropriate to say good-bye to February. That is not to say I do not like the month, because it is one of my favorites. It is more of a good-bye to all the funky and weird feelings I had during the month, especially from my last blog post. The uncertainty and feelings of failing myself.

I actively made the decision that March is going to be better than February. I have already have a list of goals to put up on my team's spreadsheet. It is just a matter of waiting for it to be created so I can do so. There is no way I can let myself fail at this point. Being scared is no longer an excuse, it is only an emotion and when it tries to become an excuse I have to be proactive and nip it in the bud. I am in control of my destiny and my body, physically putting food into my mouth.

So some goals for March:
  1. Eat 5 fruits/veggies a day
  2. Exercise everyday
  3. Lose 4.5 lbs
  4. 2 weeks of eating beans at one meal
This past weekend I was able to sit down and make up my lunch/dinner menu for the entire month of March. I am totally ready to go and am happy that I know what to expect, all of the thinking is taken out of "what is for dinner?" I am fortunate (in some ways) to eat "my food" by myself because I go by serving sizes so something that has 8 servings will last me 8 days. I am able to stretch food for a long period of time. Fortunately I do not get bored easily or else we would have some serious problems when it came to food choices. All of the recipes for the month are new to me so experimenting will be fun and seeing what I like and do not like.

I have read a few blogs recently, that speak of desire and lack of hope in the possibility of losing weight to be healthier/happier. I have a few questions for you to contemplate and try to answer. 

  • What is the real reason you want to lose weight? (For attention or to be healthy?)
  • Have you given yourself a fair chance to lose weight? 
  • What is stopping you from losing that weight?
  • Are you cheating (food wise) without realizing it?
  • Is your brain on board for you losing weight?
  • Are you allowing enough time for you to make a difference in eating/exercising habits before throwing in the towel?
  • Are temptations around you all the time? Why do you give in?
I challenge you to try to answer these questions and then look in the mirror at yourself and respond to those questions. The first thing in being successful is getting your brain to realize that you need to do it because of your health. Some people do not have the opportunity to get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and even 5th chance to try to fix their weight. They die due to complications of any number of health related weight problems.

Finally, I pose this question to all of you. Are you worth it to be healthy and fit?

I know I am worth it and I am certainly going to prove it to myself during the month of March. 

☺Ashley☺

1 comment:

  1. Great goals for the month. While at the dietician yesterday, she told me you can add canned beans, such as kidney or chickpea to your ground meat and it will assume the flavor. I might have to try that. Perhaps that is another way for you to incorporate them as well.

    keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete