I had the fortunate experience of being told that my posture absolutely sucks. It was said in relatively nicer words but I totally got the hint that I really need to work on improving my posture. The Wii fit was also yelling at me that I am "unbalanced". It finally clicked that the reason my middle back is always hurting is not because I need to lose weight but because my posture is out of whack and really needs to sorted out quickly. Due to me standing predominantly on my right leg, I also see the possibility of having hip issues in the future if things are not fixes and quickly.
What I find interesting is posture says a lot about who you are as a person. It is the first thing people see before you open your mouth to talk to them. There is a silent form of communication that our brains pick up and we can instantly tell if a person is having a good day/bad day, confident/insecure just by the way they carry themselves and their posture.
Between standing and sitting, the latter is where we run into the most trouble. This is especially true since we have become such a digital age where we are sitting in front of the computer so often. With the screen being in front of us, we tend to lean forward with our head and neck and then our spine follows to bring about a curvature in the spine. Have you seen some of the older woman who have a hump in their back or lean forward all the time? Well, you better believe we will see more people like that because of the way we sit in front of the computer unless we consciously correct ourselves. It is very hard to be aware of your posture no matter what your doing and try to actively correct it.
I am one day in to actively checking my posture and it is incredibly annoying. My only hope is that it will get easier and my back will not hurt as often once I correct the issues. It is certainly a work in progress though like anything in life. I am aware of my crappy posture and must work to improve it.
I am providing some sites that you may find interesting to look at. The first is about why posture is important and gives some good analogies. The second are some easy exercises that you can do to help improve that posture.
☺Ashley☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment