I have gotten into a routine over the past few months. I am doing Zumba three times a week and counting the calories I am eating, whatever that may be. However, I am beginning to feel stuck, not that the weight is not coming off, it is but I am feeling like I need a new change within my healthy living lifestyle.
There is no perfect a time than a major event within my church calendar year; Lent. Since I became Catholic three years ago, I have given up the same items within my diet; ice cream, soda, desserts. It is so easy to not think about what I am going to give up but am beginning to think I can do more with Lent. I remind myself that Lent is only 40 days so it is not a major commitment and whatever I do plan to remove from my diet, I can always add it back in if I am unhappy. Yet there are so many possibilities of foods that I could remove from my healthy lifestyle to make it that much more productive and meaningful.
Having pondered what to do over the past few days I keep coming back to one part of my diet that I can eliminate; frozen processed foods. I am addicted to french fries, ice cream and chicken patties. They are all quick and easy things to pull out especially when I am running late or am on the go (usually Monday-Thursday every week). I am thinking that this could be a positive change for me, getting away from the frozen processed food and moving towards meals that I make. However, there are two exceptions I will make; frozen vegetables and meat that was put in the freezer so it wouldn't go bad.
I think that it is an appropriate thing to give up for Lent. It will be a big challenge for me, one that will be tough at first but I know that I can do it. I have to do it, for me, my health and to show myself that when given a challenge I can face it head on and win.
Lent 2013:
Eliminating:
- frozen food
- Ice cream
- soda
Incorporating:
- Weight lifting
- Bible reading
- Read at least 2 books on health/food
☺ Ashley ☺


Ashley!
ReplyDeleteLooks like some big goals! Great job! I will be sending some good vibes your way!
I have read "The Biggest Loser: The Weight Loss Program to Transform Your Body, Health, and Life--Adapted from NBC's Hit Show!" (You can get it used as low as $1.22 on Amazon) It talks about how to change, gives you workouts for 3 levels, and also a food pyramid that the Loser contestants go by on the show. Obviously, you don't have to adopt this diet; I have, and it has helped me shed a few more pounds off my normal losses!
Frozen meat isn't all bad, you just have to look at the ingredients used to freeze. Or, you can buy fresh and freeze (you can find guidelines on how long they last). Frozen veggies are my go-to, also!
Good luck!! :) :)