So tomorrow marks the start of another year, one in which I am 23. Normally I am not so gung-ho or excited about it but this year is different for me. This year, I am actually excited to celebrate with people and I have planned a simple day with friends of mine because that is what I wanted.
I have learned over the past few years not to expect/anticipate anything because you only set yourself up to be disappointed in the long run. So, that is the attitude I have taken, not just for my birthday but for any day of the year. This way when something unexpected happens that is good, I can be thoroughly surprised and relish in the fact that it was unanticipated.
When I turned 18, I decided that there would no longer be any 'family' parties. I wanted to chose who I wanted to celebrate my birthday with and I always HATE going out and having the wait staff sing Happy Birthday to me. So every year, I pick who I want to celebrate my birthday with. The past two years was with my priest at college and some friends. We would go out and get ice cream. Yes, I know it is the middle of winter but for those of you who know me know that I LOVE ice cream at any time of the year. This year I am spending it with two friends of mine who I have grown close to and am starting to really find myself with them. Just being around them, they have influenced my life in such a positive way that it was obvious who I wanted to hang out with this year.
This year also marks the almost end of a 10 year chapter where my weight was above 213 lbs. I am proud to say that after weighing in this morning I am below that number and am no longer the weight I was in 8th grade. I am moving to bigger and better things by getting healthier and working out. The next year of my life gives me so many new opportunities each and every day that I am going to grab it and go. I will be able to get into Onederland (May 18th) for the first time since I was 12. What a huge accomplishment that will be when I get there and can say, yes I did it!!
I also had a non scale victory that I wanted to share. My sister bought skinny jeans from American Eagle that are a size 18. She is unable to wear them so she gave them to me. At the time I was unable to wear them so I decided to put them in my pile of 'too small but I will fit into them eventually'. Well this morning, after having my confidence boosted with the numbers on the scale, I decided to try them on for size and see if I had a chance of wearing them. Well, they FIT!!! That is right, I am wearing American Eagle pants!! I never in a million years thought I would be able to wear something and I feel like the coolest person in the world right now. Especially because I was half hoping that they would fit.
Since I will be at my friends this weekend I will not be on the computer so thought I would post. Have a wonderful weekend to all my friends! Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day with your loved ones!!
☺Ashley☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Happy Birthday (in advance)!! Non-scale victories are great, so congratulations on yours; that must have felt amazing!! It is also a bonus to have friends who inspire and support you (and influence you in many ways) so they are great people to be spending your birthday with. Have fun and enjoy yourself!!
ReplyDelete