Today, I am about 20 pounds lighter than I was when I stopped running so I decided to give it a try yesterday (Saturday) to see if I would be able to accomplish a run and how I would feel afterwards. It was not complete running, I chose to walk 5 minutes/run 5 minutes to see if that made any difference. This morning I felt fine after yesterdays run so I decided to run for a little longer.
The first picture is Saturday's run, note the calories between treadmill and HRM. The second is of today's run, also not the calories between treadmill and HRM.
I had some NSV's besides being able to run on the treadmill and not have my knee hurting.
- Walking at a 4.2 pace. Nov. 3.6 pace
- Running at a 4.8 pace. Nov. 3.8 pace
- 1 mile- 13:41 minutes
- 2 miles- 26:59 minutes
- 5K- 41:33 minutes
Overall today in my 50 minute run, I ran 3.75 miles. I am totally stoked with this number. I plan on running only on the weekends to give my knee a break, especially since I do Zumba during the weekdays.
So, while the scale might not be very nice to me these past few days, I will certainly take some NSV's to remind myself it is all worth it!!
☺Ashley☺
☺Ashley☺



Way to go girlfriend!
ReplyDeleteI have knee problems of my own, my kneecaps are not directly lined up with the glider path of the fibia/femur... it sucks.
Just remember to take it easy, if you're hurting that's your body telling you to slow it down. :)