Saturday, March 9, 2013

Slim Shred

So one of my older sister's owns a gym and decided that she was going to join a Slim Shred Challenge. It follows a book written by Dr. Ian Smith called Shred Revolutionary Diet. On her Facebook group she opened the challenge to any one and so I took the bait. I am always hesitant to join something like that because when I see the word 'diet' I tend to cringe. I have gotten myself to the point that I see this journey as me eating healthy and changing my lifestyle. Diets always tend to end and then people gain the weight back, with a change of lifestyle there is no end, it continues forever. As I said, I was skeptical but after looking it over, there are many things that I already do within my diet such as eating multiple meals and staying away from processed foods as much as possible. The promise of 4 inches and 2 sizes seems too good to be true so I am staying away from that idea. Just going to focus on other things, if it is an outcome great, if not that is okay too.

Looking deeper into the program and meal suggestions, I am going to be focusing on spreading my calories out per meal. I refuse to cut my calories down to the amount mentioned in the book (1,600 per day) because right now I am at 1,988 calories and that is comfortable for me. My BMR is about 1,700 so I am in the perfect range as far as eating goes. I will not sacrifice eating under and starving for a 2 week trial "diet". I need to also start mixing up my snacks. If you look at my book, you can pretty much tell what I am going to be having for snack. I am just a predictable kind of girl: luna bars and animal crackers. Not exactly the healthiest option (animal crackers) but it certainly works for what I do and I need something fast and I do not have to prepare. 

Once I begin to get into a groove with this, down the road I may purchase the nutribullet but for right now, I am going to stay away from shakes. Also, because I tend to like them in the morning, I would feel bad waking anyone up just because I would be pissed if someone did that to me.

Tomorrow I will be starting this and it will go until the 24th of this month. So some things I will be focusing on:

  1. Exercising more
  2. Spreading calories out
  3. Changing snacks
It may seem trivial but I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment because I am introducing so much new stuff into my diet and some things that I did not expect to add. So, I just need to sit down and re-plan the next 4 weeks of my food eating life in order to not be stressed. I am totally excited about trying this new shred program though. I am looking towards the future, towards good health. Here is to hoping for a fabulous 2 weeks!

☺Ashley☺

5 comments:

  1. The SHRED Diet sounds pretty interesting. It's great that you are making a few adjustments to fit you and your lifestyle. I am not sure if you watch the Steve Harvey Show (or if you follow him on Twitter or listen to his radio show) but he did the SHRED Diet and had great results. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spread my calories out. I have 300 calories in 4 meals and one large meal (normally breakfast). I do need to mix up my snacks though. New reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Crystal! I find it interesting how we get into a routine with our snacks and then after a while realize that we need to shift gears for a bit and freshen up our snacks.

      Delete
  3. I have had a hard time finding a "prepared" snack for days when I'm working and don't have the time to make a bagel or whatever. I found that Lance brand crackers has a whole wheat/sharp cheddar cracker, which is actually pretty good.
    Good luck with the "temporary eating changes/exercise plan"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really good; the crackers. On the weekends I try to make all my snack bags up so I can easily pick them up and go. It does not always work but is certainly helpful when it is ready and I just have to throw it in a lunch box.

      Delete