Friday, March 22, 2013

Amazed

I feel so rejuvenated this week and I am not entirely sure why. Over the past few weeks I have noticed my mood has improved and I am so much more energized! There is something to be said about eating healthy and staying away from processed foods. It has been a challenge to try and get those 5 servings of veggies/fruits in a day but I am still chugging along. It has not happened every day but I am keeping my head up. There is no quitting in this and each day is new and I have to look at it as an opportunity to improve my quality of life and better myself.

I decided that I would not fully jump on the Shred band wagon until I have time to sit down and digest the whole program. From what I have read it is a very good program and while I may not use it for the rest of my life, it would be good to use the program as a "cleanse" for my body once or twice a year. I will be starting it completely on April 5th and do it for the full 6 weeks. It will certainly be an interesting process.

While it may seem trivial, I am amazed and shocked about how people are beginning to notice that I have lost weight! It still seems so unreal to me that I have lost as much weight as I have and that I look so different. It is nice to be acknowledged and obtain the affirmation I need to keep my head up and keep on going. My goal is attainable, I can do this and blast this extra weight out of the water.

What kind of affirmations have you heard in the past few months that have made you realize how worth it this journey is? Write them down, post them on a wall at home, maybe they will bring you the inspiration you need to get your butt in gear. Make the changes you need to, to be the best person (mentally and physically) that you want to be for the future!

☺Ashley☺

1 comment:

  1. Ashley! Way to go on seeing those positive affirmations! I tend to shoot people down when they say things like "Girl you're losing weight!" and "Well well look at the new skinny chick!" because I obviously am not skinny wearing a size 18w. Yes, I was a 22w at one point, but sometimes I just feel like they're mocking me instead. After reading your blog, I think I will start taking these in a good light and thanking them, even if I don't truly believe it myself. Thanks for the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete