Monday, April 1, 2013

Hoppy April

Running the Lighthouse Nature Trail
March is gone and April is finally here! I am hoping that this means it will get warm soon because I am unsure of how much longer I can stand being cold. I spent the Easter Triduum down at the beach and wore  lighter clothing hoping mother nature would get the hint. She did not unfortunately and by Saturday I was wearing long sleeves and long pants.

I met a lot of wonderful people down there, and there was a lot of good food. I am glad my friends were the cooks because they cook healthy and I would have had a hard time with eating had they not been there to help me and keep me focused. I was able to take a walk and do some running as well on the nature trail down the the Cape. I was going for the 2 mile run but a section is closed down for endangered species who are mating. It is nice that they close it down for those three birds so that we may continue to experience the beauty of the piping plover and two other birds. The wind the second morning was outrageous and there was a lot of resistance since it was pushing you back.

But on wards and up wards. Here is a look of lasts months goals:

  1. Eat 5 fruits/veggies a day Did well
  2. Exercise everyday Did not happen
  3. Lose 4.5 lbs Down 6.2 lbs this month
  4. 2 weeks of eating beans at one meal Did happen
Overall it was a very successful month for me and I am very proud of everything I was able to accomplish. I also had some NSV's at the end of the month:

  1. Size medium shirt
  2. Size 16 pants
I decided that for April I would not make any outrageous goals. There are a few but they are minor (hopefully). This month I really want to take in the experience of losing weight and try to treasure it. I have been so focused lately on the end goal and not taking the time to see my body as it is changing. I have noticed my energy level increase which is great but this experience can be even better for me if I take the time to stop and smell the roses sort of speak.

April Goals:
  1. Lose 4.5 lbs
  2. Participate in Shred Program
  3. Lose 10 inches
  4. Find 2 NSV's during the month
It is going to warm up quickly in April. Are you ready to bring out the shorts and short sleeve shirts? I am working on it, are you?

☺Ashley☺

1 comment:

  1. Miss Ashley!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! on the 6.2lb loss, and for setting yourself up to have a successful month! I am sure you're going to have a VERY good month!! :)

    Keep up the good work girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete