Friday, April 5, 2013

Going for a win

Cinnamon
I absolutely love spring break. It is such a nice time to just take a breather and meditate on all the good things that are going on in your life. I am especially blessed and fortunate to be doing it at a house where there is no one except two dogs. They have become my walking buddies and they absolutely love going out for nice walks with me. Cinnamon especially because she is the type of dog that loves to be out and about and is just so full of energy. After our walk this morning, she is now sleeping peacefully in her cage. I am sure that I wore her out which is better than it being the other way around!In the meantime I am also helping Stevie with her move to another gym location and also trying to figure out what my plans are for my near future. I have been presented with such a wonderful opportunity and am in the process of making my pro and con list to see what I should do but also what God wants me to do with this. I will keep you updated on what my decision is when I have made it.


Since I am going for a win this week and have had many of them I am totally stoked to share them all. First off, I am down 55 lbs! Look at those two pictures above, aren't they just amazing! I cannot believe what I looked like in the beginning and to see what I look like now is totally a shocker! It is a great visual representation of the hard work I have done and seeing it come to life in the pictures. I was never into people taking pictures of me and would always shy away. There is just something about not wanting to remember the way in which you used to look. I rather see pictures of myself now but I really need to remember this process of losing weight and all that it has provided for me. Especially higher self esteem and a greater respect for myself and my body.

I am the ever shrinking woman, I have a hard time holding on to clothing because the weight comes off so quickly and the clothing does not fit after a while. I have gotten rid of at least 12 bags of clothing without doing too much replacing with my wardrobe. When Hurricane Sandy hit the state, I went in to help the local fire house send items out to the shore. I was fortunate to pick up some clothing items that had been donated and which are now sitting in my "I will fit in these" under the bed box. I am not slim enough to fit in them but I rather have them sitting there waiting for me than to not have any clothing. I have also found that going out to big stores for clothing is not my cup of tea. With the turnover that I do with clothing it does not make sense for me to buy so much clothing because I end up donating it and getting no money back from the expenses I made. 


Pretty clothing!
I have found a fascination with thrift stores. I am new in the area and have been told there are lots of thrift stores, I decided to go and take a look. I was astounded at how big the store is and how nice the selection is to chose from. I am always hesitant to go clothing shopping because I am always overwhelmed but decided to give it a go this time around. I went through and picked out the blue dress first and then I saw it. A dress that I have always wanted to buy but never at the price they want. It is the dress to the left of the blue dress with the floral on the bottom. I see all the girls wearing this dress and have always wanted it. Well, I saw a lady pick it up and I crossed my fingers and held my breath she would not take it. Then I darted over there and picked it up. I was in Heaven. Then my line of purchases continued to be excellent! I also picked up a skirt, so we will see how that works on my body.

I definitely had some major wins this week and feel so fortunate and blessed for all of them. My journey with weight loss is not over yet, I still have a long ways to go but I am looking forward to every minute of it. Have you taken a moment to stand back and see all the amazing things you have done in your journey thus far?

 ☺Ashley☺

2 comments:

  1. I am still around 300 but cannot wait to be in the 200s. You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley!

    Way to go!!! The before/current pictures are crazy inspirational for me! I took a picture at the beginning of the year, and will wait until mid-year to do another. I have noticed my pants not fitting the same (too loose) which is both a blessing and a curse! Maybe I should look into my local thrift stores, too.

    Congratulations on all you have succeeded in doing, and may God give you the strength, courage, and will to continue! :) :)

    ReplyDelete