Wednesday, April 9, 2014

14 Runs for 2014


I absolutely adore running. It is one of my go to outlets for stress relievers. It makes me a happy camper and I have the opportunity to think when I am running or just ignore the world. Depends on what the case may be.

Last year I was fortunate to run 3 races and I decided that this year I would tackle some more difficult stuff to see if I can do more than I ever thought.

My goal for the year?

14 races for 2014

Crazy I know, but it is a fun challenge and I love all the perks that come with running.. You know the technical shirt/jacket, mug, medal, endorphin's when the buzzer goes off to start the race, the feeling of accomplishment when you hit the finish line. Those things have driven me to meet my challenge.

So here are the races I have signed up for/done so far. I am still in need of 1 more race which I am sure will get fit in towards the end of the year. Currently I will have covered 75.5 miles!

March
30th Love Run - Philadelphia, PA - Half Marathon
supports Philadelphia Education Supplies Fund
April
6th Hot Chocolate Run - Philadelphia, PA - 15K
supports Ronald McDonald House

13th Rutgers Unite Run - Piscataway, NJ - 8K
supports Rutgers University

26th Tapper/Hicks Freedom Run - Atco, NJ - 5K
supports David Tapper & the Jon T. Hicks, Jr Scholarship Funds
May
31st Color Run - Hershey Park, PA - 5K
supports International Rett Syndrome Foundation 
June
8th Champions for Children - Bridgewater, NJ - 5K
supports Foster and Adoptive Family Services

29th Ice Cream Run - New Smyrna Beach, FL - 5K
supports Community Non-Profits
July
4th Independence Run - Berlin, NJ - 5K
supports Knights of Columbus

12th Dirty Girl Mud Run - Schnecksville, PA - 5K
supports Bright Pink
September
13th Diva Dash - Philadelphia, PA - 5K
supports 
October
5th Female 10 Miler - West Windsor, NJ - 10 miles
supports local charitable partner
November
8th Boardwalk Run - Atlantic City, NJ - 5K
supports NJEA

23rd Philadelphia Marathon- Philadelphia, PA - half marathon
supports Students Run Philly Style


Are you signed up for any races this year? With the weather warming up, it is a perfect time to put the sneakers on and get out and enjoy the weather!!

1 comment:

  1. In June you will be in my neck of the woods! (Florida!) I looked up the distance from my hometown (Fort Myers) to New Smyrna Beach, but a 200+ mile drive for a race I will not be prepared for is just not in the books for me!

    I will, however, be cheering you on for each race this year!!!!! :-)

    Happy Running!! :-)

    ReplyDelete