I love picking up new hobbies to add to my list of things to do when I am not working, going to the gym or finishing up graduate classes. 2013 brought me a new hobby thanks to my friend Arlene; crocheting. I was taught over a cleaning weekend in Cape May and since then I have been crocheting like crazy. I love trying to new patterns to see what I can come up with. Since starting afghans, I have decided that I will not ever use the same pattern so each one is unique.
My first crochet project EVER.
Left picture-Cape May while learning to crochet.
Right picture- my first finished project; a scarf.
Then I started on to a few more projects.
Left picture: my new summer purse.
Right picture: beanie cap made for a pre-teen on retreat with me

Left: My cousin had a baby so it is a baby afghan with hood
Right: First afghan for myself

Crochet is great for Christmas gifts too!!
Left: Afghan for my grandma
Right: Afghan for my friends Ed and Sue
Left: Infinity Scarf for my older sister
Right: Another scarf for my sister
I have made 6 altogether
Left: 1 of 2 Pokeball hats made; one for my nephew and the other for his cousin
Right: Teddy bear made for my other nephew
someone ordered a bear from me! So cool!
This afghan is my current project that I just finished. It will be going to a woman in a nursing home that I have spoken to a few times. She needs something bright and cheery.







Wow Ashley! I can say I am JEALOUS!!
ReplyDeleteMy grandmother taught me how to crochet, but only briefly. I just lost her this past Christmas. It was tough. I have since had to learn more patterns, knots, and styles on my own. Of course it's tougher since I am left-handed, but I'm learning how to crochet with my right! But you have got some natural talent!! I made a beanie and one side ended up 3 or 4 rows longer than the other somehow! I'm a work in progress for sure!! Keep up the AWESOME work!! :-)