Sunday, August 19, 2012

Vacation Blues

This past week I spent time at a retreat center in Cape May. As of right now, I will be spending another full week here and am very much looking forward to it. It was a struggle to stay on task with my eating and it is frustrating at times. Right now though, it is fun to put clothes on and realize how large they are and when I get home they are going to be donated. I was given a shirt at the retreat center and that is even large for me which is exciting. I look forward to the day when I am able to wear it as a night shirt and it be much looser than it currently is. Continuing through the week, I will be working on eating better especially because I have been feeling nauseous all week right after meals and it often does not go away. This in addition to me overeating is not helping, I am still having trouble with eye balling portions because I am used to eating more than I do now.

Something that I did not anticipate or expect was a mental check of sorts. Life brings about many challenges, of which there are just some you can not control no matter the situation. This week really tested what I know to be wrong and overcoming my fears to better who I am as a person. My faith life and belief that there are no such things as coincidences led to wonderful friendships and someone who finally understands ME and the circumstances/challenges I have been through. It has been a wonderful blessing and I was sad for it to come to an end this morning. Another struggle for me is saying good-bye. Those words in my mind tend to mean forever because it has occurred time and time again. 

This week has been amazing, so I wonder what next week will bring!

☼Ashley☼

1 comment:

  1. I just finished my stint of holidays and they were terrible on my waist line. It feels like it is taking forever to get back on track!

    Instead of saying good bye...what about I'll touch base later or see ya soon!

    It's all about the mindset...for everything really!

    I need to follow my own advice ;-)

    ReplyDelete