You read that right, 2015 will be here in 15 days. That is just a little over 2 weeks for those of you who are counting it down like me. So just like every new year, people make the best of intentions with resolutions. These usually only last about 3 weeks until they fizzle out and that is it. They go back to their old ways and beat themselves up for not trying harder to do better. It takes 21 days for a new habit to be created and if one does not stick out for every single day, it is hard to get into a new routine, no matter what the habit is.
So instead of waiting until 2015 or 15 days from today, I thought I would get my list out there early and starting working on it today, not waiting for tomorrow or for that 'special occasion' of New Years to make something and set some goals up.
15 for '15
- Take 15 minutes a day to reflect.
- Begin a daily writing journal of roses and thorns.
- Exercise. no matter what. no excuses.
- Hike at least 20 times.
- Read 10 books for fun
- Run my 2nd 1/2 marathon
- Complete a 90 day challenge
- Spend less time on Social Media
- Stop drinking soda altogether
- Enjoy chocolate once a week
- Organize a sheet of when to clean the house
- Spend 10 minutes a day with Bailey
- Crochet more
- Take steps to become more comfortable in my own skin
- Take steps to hit my goal weight/clothing size
Now you know what is up my sleeve for 2015. What are some of your goals?



I love your list! I like how there are also items that are "enjoyment" related....I would never think to put reading books, etc on my list of goals for the year. Perhaps I really need to make a "bucket" list and have it somewhere I can see and visually mark things off!
ReplyDeleteI, too, dread the yearly "I'm going to's"... but this year I think it will turn around. I have already started mine, too, starting with "quit soda". For the first week and a half, I had a nasty migraine. I also learned from a friend to watch out because the body will try and replace your sodas with other sugar-y substances. I have not had any caffeine either since the 2nd week of December. I cut that out to help cut the soda out. My plan is to introduce caffeine back to my diet in February in the form of a cup of tea in the morning.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see all of the exciting things you have going for you in 2015!!! :-)