Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Step by Step
Some days the hole I try to climb out of is too hard and I slip and fall back into it. The hole is a black pit where the light is just not visible and I wonder if it is even worth it to try to find that light. Yet, I keep fighting and keep the torch going because I know the light is there, I have seen it and have been so close. It has been within fingers reach and I slipped back into that hole, not as determined to get out as I was the first time. But I am making a conscious effort.
I have been lying to myself for the past 6 months with 'logging' my food even though I know that I have been eating other things from what I have logged and the calorie count has been higher than I have wanted to admit. I love all food and I have a hard time staying away from the things I know are bad for me.
I am finally realizing that I need to take control of my eating habits and find myself again. Climb out of this ugly hole so that I can live life fully without feeling trapped. So here I am opening myself up to the ugly truth but also trying to change things around. I want to make a list of roses (good) and thorns (bad). The hope is to recognize the good things and work on the not so good.
Rose: Tracked everything the past 2 days and ate under budget.
Thorn: Not exercising
Here is to continuing my success of tracking and working on working out more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



The fact that you haven't given up should also go on your rose list!
ReplyDeleteThis journey is so hard, most people can't even imagine. The upcoming holiday season is so difficult.
I have faith that eventually we will do this, no matter how long that staircase is!
Keep up the great job!
As long as you don't quit, you can still win! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete