The first two weeks basically gives you a decent list of options to chose from but you must make sure that you have the right combination of protein/carbohydrates. It can be tricky and requires a lot of planning to be able to get everything down pat and to make sure that you are prepped and ready to go for the week.
One aspect that I have not followed is the meal plan to a T. As a runner, I need to make sure my carbohydrates are above 130 grams and it was not getting there. So, marshmallows are my new best friend right before I run. I pop 4 for 100 calories and go about my business. Some times I will drink hot chocolate to make sure I am getting enough carbs. The biggest adjustment has been to not focus so much on the calorie count. It is more about learning proper portion control and sizing but I am still a little focused making sure that my calories do not dip below my low point of 1600 per day.
I would recommend this program to someone who needs to restart their eating habits to kick the old ones and really focus on clean eating. In 2 weeks I have lost 4 lbs which is more than I have lost in quite a few months.
This program came at a good time because Wednesday begins the Lenten season. I always give up the same things every year so I have been toying with what other things I should give up for 40 days/bring into my life and I have compiled a nice
1 scheduled cheat meal a week
exercise before work
15 minute hunger routine (see if I am really hungry)
Journal: notice what is changing, 1 thing I am grateful for each day
Giving Up:
bread
cheese
chocolate/candy
sweets (cakes/pies)
excuses
gum
hot chocolate
I am excited to see my journey take a much needed change. I have been complacent for much too long and am ready to move forward in a happy direction where I am able to really test my true strength/will power and determination. It won't be easy but what fun would it be if it were easy?
Will keep you updated on my Lenten Journey and what comes of it!



No comments:
Post a Comment