At my sisters house after celebrating my birthday we sat and had a very interesting conversation. Her husband, Rich asked me what is my all time favorite food in the world. I sat on the couch and had to ponder for what thought like forever.
But then Rich posed two more questions to break things down for me.
What was your favorite food PRE weight loss?
What is your favorite food POST weight loss?
What is your favorite food POST weight loss?
Those helped to clarify things and honestly, the first question was 100% easier to answer. Simply, chicken cordon bleu from the local diner. It is one of those dishes that are to die for! With all the chicken and cheese, ham and top it off with chicken gravy. Ugh I want to eat it just because I am writing about it. But, that was the easy question to answer.
Yet again I had to stop and ponder the 2nd question because Rich was still looking for an answer. To be honest, I do not have a sufficient answer for myself to give anyone. I have plenty of foods that I would cook over again and could live off of but I would not declare them as my "favorite" food.
I am still pondering it today and do not have a good enough answer. It amazes me though how things that were once my favorite are no longer because I have cut them out of my life. It may be also that I have completely up and changed my lifestyle without thinking about it and do not savor the food as much to think to myself, "this is my new favorite food!" I guess I could give the answer that I LOVE PB2 mixed with greek yogurt and almonds. That is a pretty delicious treat. However, I think Rich was thinking along the lines of like actual food.
Is your favorite food still the same regardless of creating a healthier eating lifestyle? Weight in, I would love to know. In the meantime I will continue to ponder my favorite food.



No comments:
Post a Comment