Friday, March 21, 2014

Follow Through Friday

Thanks to Amy over at Diary of a Fat Girl, I decided to get on board with Follow Through Fridays. 


I belong to a weight loss support group on LoseIt and have been challenged to do 10 days of clean eating and track everything you eat. Honestly, I was not sure that I would be able to do such a thing because it sounds really tough. No processed food, no sweets just good old fashioned healthy proteins, carbs and fats. Sounds just about as fun as eating cardboard.

In the last 4 days, I have found out that it is not as boring as it really sounds. The key to staying on target is meal planning and prepping. If you do not prep what you are eating or know what you are eating, chances are you are going to hit a brick wall and it give in. That has been the hardest thing the past few days because I have not  meal prepped for the week. That is the #1 reason why when I started the journey on Monday it was a major FAIL!

I have been successful the last 4 days and am looking forward to getting through the next 6  which has turned into 11 days. I decided to do 2 weeks and see how it goes and really see if I can push myself and challenge. 

Meal prep for next week is finished. Bought the stuff and now have to buy the veggies on Sunday. I need to get through the next two days as I will be away from home and won't have many options as far as food goes, but I will make it work.

So my plan for the week?
1. Eat well
2. Be awesome
3. Hit my running goals
4. Drink body weight in water
5. Commit to 10 days of shakeology

It may be a challenge but I am up for it. I mean really, losing weight has never been easy for me, why would it? Plus everyone would do it if it was. Challenging myself has helped me loose the 90 lbs I have thus far!

2 comments:

  1. So happy you decided to join! I love your list...including being AWESOME! I would never have thought of something that wasn't "physical" to add to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.... Amy got YOU linking too??? She's got some influence I tells ya!

    You definitely have #2 done four times over and the other 4 I have full confidence in your abilities!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete