Just this month I hit a new milestone in my weight loss journey. Two actually that are very important to me. The first is one I do not remember doing but I am no longer classified as 'obese'. That is right, the BMI scale does not lie. I am not a fan of that way of telling how healthy someone is but it is nice to finally say that I am no longer another number in the obese population. I am now an overweight person and I want to shout it from the roof tops! This is something I have been working towards like crazy and NEVER thought I would get there. When I started, it felt like I would need a miracle to get there.
The second milestone is pretty fabulous too. I have finally hit a 75 lb loss from my starting weight of 258 lbs. That is right, I am now 183 lbs. I received this nifty badge from LoseIt! and decided to go a little farther with the image from my profile. I took the image and printed it larger with the help of Microsoft Word. Then I cut it out and pasted it onto purple paper. Cut that and then laminated it. As of right now it is taped on the back of my bedroom door. I call it my 'door of motivation'. I also am cutting up the 10, 25, and 50 lb badge to laminate and put up there. Also, I am preparing myself for my next goal...... 100 lbs!! I am currently 3/4 of the way to my goal.I am certainly looking forward to continuing my journey to be healthy and fit. It has not been easy but the rewards have been better than anticipated. My favorite reward right now is being able to sing my heart out (while being on key!) I have had a deep passion for singing and was always told I sang off key. With the weight loss, I have worked on my voice and have been complimented by a number of people. The pay off has given me so many opportunities and I am grateful!
Here is a picture of my starting picture to my current 75 lb picture. I was feeling photogenic this weekend and my brain is wrapping itself around the differences in my body. It is tough some times because at times I do see the old me and there is a technical term called 'body dysmorphic disorder'. So I am working to retrain my brain to see what I look like now and today I realized I look pretty fabulous!Thanks to everyone who continues to follow my blog. I hope that I can continue to motivate and inspire you to do the unexpected!


Ok, so I have taken my sweet time posting this comment!
ReplyDeleteYOU ROCK!
YOU ARE AWESOME!
YOU ARE AN INSPRIRATION!
I just really want you to know that! I hope I have come to my turning point this week. The point when I realize that the only difference between your success and my failures is me. If I just worked hard, I could have the same results. I keep floundering, but it's only my fault. I can and will do this!
Amy isn't lying when she says you're an inspiration. I started right around in the 250's last year and am struggling to get under 200. I have gotten close, but then somehow fall off the wagon. I have been afraid of running any 5k's because of the fear I will not finish and the fact I'd be running alone. At least with the fitness challenge I have Amy to bounce off of. On a race I have myself and the thoughts that can't be drowned out with music.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work!! You truly are an inspiring woman and I look forward to joining that 75lb club with you some day [soon!]!!