Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hello October!



Another month has come to a close and it was an absolutely unforgettable month! Just to recap some awesome things that happened in my life...
My new bicycle!
  • College started up again, and what awesome classes I have!
  • I am in beast mode on the Eye of the Tiger Challenge
  • Worked a lot this month subbing!
  • Rocked an interview yesterday
  • Visited friends who I missed terribly (after not seeing them for 5 months) and did not realize how much I miss them until I left.
  • Lost a crap ton of inches.
  • Am no longer classified as obese!! You read it right, my BMI is now in the overweight range and I am loving every minute of it. 
  • Cooked and baked at least 1 new recipe a week!
  • Won two diet bets with money still being figured out how the pot is being split
And then I totally forgot about my goals for the month but looking back I pretty much hit all of them... Here were September goals..
  1. Start and continue Turbo Fire during the month Done that and still doing it. The results are amazing!
  2. Focus on ratio of fats/proteins/carbs. The program states to have a 20/40/40 ratio to get the best results.  I need to get as close to that number as possible. A work in progress. I went from 19% protein in my diet at the end of August to 34% this morning. A huge success! Carbs and fats are also down. ☺
  3. Eat more veggies! Did not happen as I wanted. There are a lot of carbs in veggies so still trying to find a balance.
  4. Do 9 minute missions every morning. Lasted all of one week and that was it. Good intentions but I am not motivated.
October is here and while the weather may not feel like it, the leaves are starting to change and the tractors will be out soon to gather up the corn in my backyard. I am excited and anxious to hit my goals this month!
  1. Continue Turbo Fire throughout the month
  2. Run 2 5k's - Color Run 10/5 and Borough Run 10/12
  3. Continue focus on ratio of fats/proteins/carbs
  4. Plank every day and record time
  5. Hit beast mode on all EOT challenges on LoseIt!
  6. Start a squat challenge for the month
  7. Continue preparing meals on Sundays
  8. Dedicate a weekend to just myself, taking care of my needs.
  9. Drop 5 lbs
  10. Go for a bike ride on Wednesday's
A lot of great goals for the month, just have to be laser focused and go for it. I think of this quote as I start hitting my goals for the month.

If you don't do what's best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end.   -Julius Erving

What do plan to do for this upcoming month. What goals do you think you can accomplish and have a positive impact on your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment