I have using Pinterest as my guide to look and see what is going on and what I may need to change to get some relief and see the numbers continue to drop. Granted, I know I sound selfish but let's be honest, I am tired of my hair thinning out and losing so much in the shower. It directly relates to the shock I have put my body in with the weight loss. Once I hit goal weight and I am in maintenance, this problem should subside. So if I can just get there like ASAP maybe I will not be so annoyed with my hair problem.I have 42 lbs to get to goal. That is it, that is like a tub of buttercream icing that we use in the bakery at Walmart or a 5 gallon bottle of water or the average human's leg!! So I have cross referenced and searched a number of articles to find the top 4 things to do if a person is struggling with a plateau.
1. EAT MORE CALORIES!!
It is important to check your calories every once in a while. Check to see how many calories your SHOULD be eating at the time as opposed to how few calories you are actually eating. Believe it or not 50 calories can impact your diet and your body wanting to hold on to the fat because it has put its self in starvation mode. I just looked up mine and I was eating about 1,887 calories and just added calories to make my number 1,935. We will see what happens in the coming week but the change up should be good.
2. CHANGE WHAT YOU EAT
Have you sat down recently and looked at what you put in your mouth on any given day? I did and it has been a lot of empty calories filled with lots of chocolate and sugary things to eat. You know why? It is attributed to the current stresses in my life so even though I have been able to get more fruits/veggies in, the chocolate is not the greatest addition to my diet. So it is time to step back and re-examine what you are eating and maybe mix it up with some interesting recipes. Or change the proportions of foods that you are eating.
3. CHANGE YOUR EXERCISE
I have been so busy with trying to get my 120 miles done that all I have been doing is running and walking. September is right around the corner and it is about time that I step it up and get back to the gym to take the classes I enjoyed doing before the summer hit. Also need to get back into weight lifting with body pump!
4. SLOW DOWN
Of course I have been told this many a time. What is the rush in losing the weight? Why not try just enjoying the time of losing weight and take a few days off the strict calorie regime to eat whatever you want and enjoy it. Go on maintenance for a few days and then jump back on the strict calorie regime.
But most importantly, be patient, it is just a phase and will soon end so that the weight will start dropping again. Maybe not as quickly but it will start dropping off.
☺Ashley☺


Not sure if this will help you, or if it is something anyone losing weight wants to hear. But whenever I have hit a plateau, I took one day where I shocked my system (which basically meant I ate more calories than my typical day would allow). I didn't do it to allow myself to fall off of the wagon, but I did it because shocking my system had worked in the past. So, if I have been craving a burger, fries and a milkshake, that is what I have on that one day. If I am used to eating 'xxxx' amount of calories, I then eat 'xxxx' + 'xxx' and that works for me. I also take a break from working out. I went on vacation recently and took the week off, ate what I wanted and although I gained about 4 pounds, the next week I lost 3.4 pounds (yes, that basically put me back where I started, but things have been going well ever since). That week long break was another shock to my system. Not sure if these things will work for you, I know that nobody wants to gain weight while trying to lose, but after these shocks, my numbers on the scale started to go down again.
ReplyDeleteHair loss is a factor of protein and fat in your diet. If you aren't getting enough fat, hair loss can result.
ReplyDelete