It is already the middle of the month and the 60 in Sixty challenge (really my 120 in Sixty) has been going on for 11 days. This has to be one of my favorite challenges thus far because I am really encouraged to get out there and walk; no matter the temperature outside, rain or shine. My favorite part thus far about my excursions is that I always find something new and interesting to take pictures of while being out. I am really beginning to embrace Instagram and taking advantage of posting pictures that I can edit and share with others.
It brings back memories of when I initially began losing weight at the age of 17. Walking was a part of my normal routine and I would walk my neighborhood between 2 and 3 times a day. People would stop me and say that they saw me out walking and were amazed at my transformation. It was the only form of exercise I was getting at the time but it worked and I dropped 50 lbs within the year. (Only to gain it back during college)
July 5th- 6.02 miles
July 8th- 6.11 miles
July 9th- 6.20 miles
July 11th- 5.15 miles
July 12th- 5.05 miles
July 13th- 7.67 miles
July 16th- 10.18 miles
Total=46.38 miles
I have to share about the water bottle. I was walking back to my house during my 7.67 mile stint on Saturday. As I was getting ready to walk into my neighborhood, a lady pulled over and motioned me over to her car. She was lost and was in need of help in order to get to a wedding at one of the local Catholic churches. So I explained it in terms of how many lights she needed to go past. Any one who knows me, knows that I tend to use my hands a lot with explaining and she saw my water bottle was empty. After I explained the directions to her, she gave me her cold water bottle. It was totally unexpected and really nice of her. There are good people out there.


You are doing great on your challenge so far and I know you will continue to do great in the future. Isn't Instagram addicting? Especially when you are able to find others who are doing similar things as you and post progress pictures and look back on them to see how far you have come. Keep up the good work Ashley!
ReplyDeleteThose are some awesome pictures Ashley! I found a bit of a lull with my walking, so maybe I will have to start taking pictures or getting lost in my town... something to bring some excitement back into my walks!
ReplyDelete