Monday, June 24, 2013

Happy Fitversary!



You read it right, Happy Anniversary to me!! As a side note, this should have been posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2013. I am so excited and happy to have been on this journey for a year already. There are so many things I have learned about my body and mind in the past year that I find myself in awe every time I take a step back and reflect on it all. It started with a number of things coming together and really hitting me all at once. My graduation pictures show a happy person to be graduating college but a skinny girl waiting to come out and show the world all she has and more. It took me a month to wrap my mind around the fact that I was going to start a journey with the possibility of failure but at that point in time failure was certainly not an option. It still is not an option. 

Loseit! has been the easiest app for me to lose weight ever. I thought after failing at Weight Watchers, I would never find something so easy but I did and it is now part of my daily life. I am in no way perfect but even with my cheat days I have lost a lot of the weight.

This past year has seen many milestones that I never thought I would see in my wildest dreams. First 25 lbs, then 50 lbs and finally being under 200 lbs for the first time since I was 12. These are no small accomplishments or feats and they have showed me that I can do whatever I put my mind to as long as I am open and willing to challenge myself. As of this morning I am down a grand total of 65 lbs in one year! I am baffled at how well I have done over the year and continue to do. 

It is not appropriate for me to take all the credit during the journey though. There are countless people on the web and in real life who are constantly cheering me on and encouraging me to continue to get healthier and stronger. 
  • Thank you to all those who follow my blog, interacting with you and gaining your support has meant so much to me. That includes Amy, Kari and Julie! You girls are all inspirations to me through your blogs. You all get major kudos. 
  • Thank you to all my gym friends who are constantly with me in my journey. To Danae, Sue, Donna, Laura and everyone else. You all push me in ways I never thought possible. To work harder when exercising, to rejoice in the victories and pay no mind to the little hiccups in my journey.
  • Thank you to my Marianist family. Each time I go down to the Cape, I see people who have not seen me in a while and comment on how far I have come and how far I continue to go. Andrea, you are certainly my rock down at the Cape, my advisor and one of my biggest supporters. You always lend an ear to me when I need it and are willing to go above and beyond to ensure that I am ready food wise for my stints at the Cape. You are always willing to accommodate me and my needs. So thank you!
  • Thank you to my friends who provide me constant support through words and actions. The ones who tell me that food is really bad so that I convince myself not to eat the food. To Regina who has provided me countless recipe books that I took recipes from and am constantly trying. I am set for the next year with recipes, that is for sure. To Suzanne, one of my closest friends who I can text when I need someone to talk to and who can talk me through pretty much anything. You remind me every day of the beauty I possess and I thank you for that. 
  • To Stevie, you have been a blessing and continue to enrich my life with all your knowledge and encouragement to do things I never thought I would or could do. Never did I think I would go and try to become a personal trainer. It has inspired me to go back and get my nutrition certification! Lastly, thank you to my two biggest supporters Arlene and Rich. They are both my rock and constantly look out for me. When I need advice I go straight to them because they always have the best non-biased advice. I know they are so proud of me when they share my story and the smiles on their faces. I certainly could not have faced so many of my fears head on without you two. I was also encouraged to try new foods that I never thought I would ever try in my life and actually enjoy. It has been and continues to be a fun journey with you two. So thank you.
I thought it fitting to recap the past year in pictures. So followed are two sets of pictures that speak more to my year than anything else I could say or do. Thank you to everyone who has followed and continues to follow this blog. Here is to another great year with new challenges and hopefully to hitting goal this coming year!

☺Ashley☺
Front view from June 2012 until June 2013

Side view from June 2012 until June 2013

2 comments:

  1. I just gotta say...I am SO SO SO proud of you! The progress pictures are stunning and I hope you can see that! It's amazing what hard work can do. This has inspired me tonight. So much progress in one year. I am in a swing of all this will never pay off and I will never see a difference....but look at you! You are proof that if I keep it up, I can do this.

    Happy Anniversary! What a fantastic year you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! A shout out! I feel so awesome to have been included in this, especially since I am a newcomer to your camp! :-) You are an inspiration and a reminder that we are all human with human needs and wants (like those hershey kisses!), and your progression pictures are absolutely fantastic!! Keep it up and I will be here every step of the way for you! :-)

    Happy FITversary!

    ReplyDelete