There are only a few hours left until the 2012 year comes to a close and we all jump into 2013: a new beginning. The next few weeks we will see many people who have the New Years Resolution to lose weight and they will dream of how they will do this and that includes swamping the gym because that is the best solution they have come up with. Yet by the end of January, the regulars will be the ones left standing in the gym and many of the enthusiasts with Resolutions will have forgotten about it. However, we will still be standing, the people who mentally made the toughest decision of our lives to begin anew and start one of the longest journey's of our lives. Why do we do it? Why should other begin and do it? For the reasons that follow...
I saw my friend of five years die from diabetes. She was only 30 years old when she entered the gates of Heaven. That was my wake up call that I did not want to go down that same path, so I made the conscious decision to change for the better. Do not wait until someone close to you dies before you realize that you need to make the switch and really work on your health. Nothing comes easy in life and just as easy as it was to put on the weight, it will be even more difficult to take the weight off.Because it is never to early to start a countdown, everyone should know that there are 171 days until summer. That is a considerable amount of time to look fabulous for the summer instead of covering up and hiding in the corner so no one will see you. Be proud of who you are and all that you have accomplished in those days leading up to summer. Small changes in your daily life can lead to long term positive changes down the road that can ultimately boost your self esteem and enhance your beauty. They say it takes 21 days for something to become a habit, what is stopping you from making it to that 21 days?
Here I am, a picture of the start of my journey at the end of June and one of my most recent pictures taken in December. Since the last picture was taken, I have lost 40 lbs since June. Since June my BMI has gone down significantly.
What a wonderful accomplishment that I take so much pride and joy in. Some of my non scale victories over the year include:
I vow to continue my weight loss journey and to make 2013, another memorable year for me. Thank you to all of you who continue to read my blog and follow along while I share my thoughts and wrestle with personal emotions conflicts. I knew this journey would be difficult but you all have made it easier to deal with.
June 25, 2012 my BMI was 41.4.
December 31, 2012 my BMI is 35.2.
What a wonderful accomplishment that I take so much pride and joy in. Some of my non scale victories over the year include:
- A new found love of baking and cooking
- Trying new foods
- LOVE to sweat
- Working out is my new friend
- Outdoor activities are exciting
- Cleaning out my closet once a month of big clothes
I vow to continue my weight loss journey and to make 2013, another memorable year for me. Thank you to all of you who continue to read my blog and follow along while I share my thoughts and wrestle with personal emotions conflicts. I knew this journey would be difficult but you all have made it easier to deal with.
Happy New Year!
☼Ashley☼




No comments:
Post a Comment