Friday, November 2, 2012

Life is what you make of it

What a week it has been with Hurricane Sandy, not knowing if we are having school next Thursday and Friday, attempting to get homework done and eating the best that I can. My head hurts just thinking about it! We had our power restored after 62 hours without it. I honestly was getting used using candles and it felt like the world just stopped for a few days. There was no worrying about Facebook or LoseIt! or listening to the woes of the world. It almost reminded me of being in Cape May where there is just this calmness, peace and serenity. In some ways I wish that I had that back, and in other ways not so much. 

Since I was able to slow down the past few days, I spent time pondering my thoughts and feelings and if I am truly happy. It may seem odd to many but for me it was time to re-evaluate. Am I happy where my life is headed, am I happy with the current situation, can I do more with my life, can I live a better life? The answers are mixed for all of those questions but I can say that in general I lead a pretty happy life. I have done more with my life than I ever dreamed or imagined I could do. I have helped people both directly and indirectly by being there to lend an ear or to provide support or other means to people. My life is meant to be of service to others. I truly enjoy giving to those that may not have all that I have or just befriending someone who needs friendship and comfort. I do not like sitting around waiting for opportunities to come my way or enjoying everything that I have in the comforts of my own home.

This is where I begin to question things. The idea of service and wanting to help others, where did this come about? It is questions like these that I wonder if I am actually adopted into my own family because I am uniquely different from them in my ideals of life, and the people around it. While, I know for a fact I am not adopted since I look quite a bit like my mother. I have become my own person, separate of the norms that both my immediate and extended family are used to. It can make a person feel isolated, but I for one know that I have many close friends whom I consider to be my own family. It is up to our own individual selves to decide whether we want to be like those around us in our own homes or to be separate, unique and complete individuals. 

Life is what you make of it. 

I chose to be the person I am today, despite all the negativity and harsh judgements of family members. I chose to work my butt off to be a healthier person so that I can serve others. I chose to educate myself on what is going on in the world but also in the education system. I chose to be happy because I cannot see myself being miserable. I chose to love with all my heart and soul, any human being (or animal) that comes into my life who willingly accepts. I chose to live my life to the fullest with no regrets or looking back upon past mistakes or wishing to change things. I chose to laugh at myself when I look like an idiot or when someone tells an awful joke. I chose to love God and to serve as one of His servants. 

I am unique, fully of love, compassion, and hope. I am simply me. <3

Until next time....

Updated pictures.. 3 1/2 months going strong..


No comments:

Post a Comment