Friday, October 5, 2012

C25k

So, I started the c25k program four weeks ago today. Initially, I started in but because I was so heavy and have no motivation I stopped at the end of week 3. At the beginning of September I decided to give myself another shot at running. Since then I have really enjoyed running. I am not exactly sure why, but it might be the fact that I am addicted to sweating now or just my excitement. I am noticing that my body is physically changing which is pretty sweet. However, there is one downfall. The scale is refusing to move at this point. I want to push the number down but it is not working. So I am just pushing through with running three times a week and doing zumba three times a week. We will see what results I have on the scale Sunday.

With my Reaper family, we are doing a scavenger hunt for the month of October. We created a list of things we are to do within the month. The list ranges from not eating meat for a day, hopping from your home to car, and completing all your goals for the month. This challenge has seen everyone off and running and it has been a lot of fun thus far. I also decided to join a running challenge for the month. Most of the people are doing 100 miles within the month. I decided to lower my goal a bit because I am not ready for that. So, this month I am going to run 50 miles this month. I am so excited and ready to start this running challenge. 

“Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.” ~Stephen R. Covey

☼Ashley Grace☼

1 comment:

  1. Aw, being stuck on the scale sucks :( You said you noticed some change in physique, though. It's likely that you're replacing fat with muscle so the numbers aren't moving :) Sounds like you're doing well. I have C25K downloaded on my ipod, but finding the motivation to get up is hard :P I much prefer cardio in cooler months so I don't overheat, but it's hard to ignore the snooze button ;) Good job!

    ReplyDelete