Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hiking

Life seems to be getting more and more hectic with each passing day. I am not exactly sure where the hours of the day run off to. School (college and subbing) are in full swing and I have started to get phone calls about October! 

This week I decided to mix things up with my exercising. What does that mean? Well, I began the c25k program, and have been running almost every other day. It is a lot of fun especially when I am able to get outside and run along the corn fields and cows. The only downfall is that people can see me especially people who I am not comfortable with, seeing me run.

I also decided to give hiking a chance since it is something I have always wanted to do but was unsure of how to go about doing it. My friend Kristine and I went to Mount Tammany along the border of PA and NJ. It is 3.5 miles round trip. The first 1.5 miles, you climb 1,200 feet up. It is certainly a good work out. I am dealing with the soreness today and the blisters! 

So my challenge for you all this week, is to try something new with your exercise routine. Do something that you have always wanted to do whether it be roller blading or ice skating. It is time to take the chains off and stop limiting yourself to what you think you can not do. Think about all the possibilities of what you can do.



Tip of the Day
Cook with the best fat burning oils: 
1. Olive oil- heart friendly 
2. Macadamia oil- Oleic Acid (Omega-9 fatty acid) 
3. Coconut oil- triglycerides

☼Ashley☼


1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you have joined the C25k bandwagon! I love the program and was able to find a number of different versions of it with music I like.

    I have been on the "injured reserve" list for 3 weeks and COMPLETELY off running...but I miss it and will probably have to start at the beginning again.

    As for people watching you...I know how you feel! Check out this link...it inspires me and makes me feel proud of myself each time I read it!

    http://flintland.blogspot.ca/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html

    ReplyDelete