Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Food Trick #1

While I was away in Cape May, I met a woman who is a teacher and also happens to be a body builder on the side. We talked a bit about my quest to lose weight and what I have done thus far and have changed in my diet. Since then she has e-mailed me a few articles that have tricks to eating. There are seven altogether so I will share them here within my blog.

Spice It Up
Include the following spices in your food while you eat.
  1. Black Pepper- 8% increase in metabolic rate; reduces the symptoms of gas and constipation
  2. Turmeric- lowers blood sugar
  3. Cinnamon- Controls blood sugar levels; gives immune system a strong boost
  4. Ginger- Metabolic boosting
  5. Garlic- Detoxify the body; loosens up fat
  6. Cayenne Pepper- 25% boost of metabolism
  7. Chili Powder- Metabolic boost
I also thought I might include some of my goals for the month of September:
  1. Lose 10 lbs by September 30
  2. Exercise 5 days for 30 min. per week 
  3. Purge through my big clothes by the end of September
This past weekend I participated in my 2nd 5k ever. I went to the NJ Color Run and met up with some awesome Slim Reapers from Loseit! It is so nice to interact with them and finally be able to put a face to a name, the internet walls are taken down and you can meet those who are helping and supporting you through this transition to be healthier. Here is my Slim Reaper family.

☼Ashley☼


1 comment:

  1. Oh, how fun!! I would love to meet some of my supporters in person. You're right! It certainly adds another level of realism and intimacy to the experience when you can add a living face to the name you're so used to seeing on your feed :)

    I use those spices all the time, but I'm still fat ;) I think most of them have to be consumed in large quantities to actually make a difference, but they're delicious nonetheless!

    I'm glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete