Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Re-motivated


I have been struggling the past few months to get re-motivated. I am not able to do any running because of bursitis in my knee so I gave up on exercise and my eating was shot. Just recently I realized that I need to not give up on myself and since I have come so far I need to stop and get back on the bandwagon. Since I have fallen off, I have gained 17 lbs. That is right, you read it correctly. 

I had been looking on Pinterest on what I could do for motivation and I found a fit commitment pledge that you write down your goals with exercise and eating and then it ends with a pledge that you sign and a witness signs. 

So I have signed my commitment and it started on Sunday. In my opinion it is the best decision I could have made. This week I have been more successful in my eating and exercising than I have been in the past two months.

How do you re-motivate yourself to get on the healthy eating bandwagon?

Personal Commitment
A successful lifestyle change requires you to be fully committed to changing your habits. By formally agreeing to this contract, you confirm your commitment to your goals.

I, Ashley G. , am ready to retake control of my life and my health. I agree and recommit to take the following steps to guarantee my success myself and institute healthy lifestyle changes.
  1. I make these changes for myself and no one else.
  2. I will not let one small slip up convince me that I cannot achieve my goals.
  3. I will respect myself by refusing to engage in verbal self-abuse. When feeling down, I will find positive affirmations and people to support and encourage me.
  4. I will not sacrifice my needs for the benefit of others.
  5. I will take responsibility for my decisions and behaviors whether positive or negative.
  6. I will make living a healthier lifestyle my priority.

By signing below I certify that I am fully recommitted to changing my lifestyle so that I can improve my well-being and live my healthiest life.

3 comments:

  1. Good job Ashley! You have taken the first step. I have pretty much been in the same boat and my blogiversary is on the 25th and I vow to have things back in order for then so I can blog about it.

    We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley, I had a quick question about your blog and was hoping you could email me when you get the chance, thanks - Emily : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe in you. It's such a hard road, and while nobody else can travel it for you, people can be there on the sidelines cheering you on. I've recommitted to health this month (not on paper though) and have had a good couple of weeks, so I am feeling empowered again and like I can do this--finally. Again. After the first time I got serious and attempted to lose weight, I lost almost 50 pounds and then turned around and gained 60. You are not alone, Ashley. If you need a friend or need someone to vent to or need ideas, tell me! I know we only know each other through fitness social networking, but our struggles are related. Go forth and be strong. YOU CAN DO IT! YOU ARE WORTH IT!

    ReplyDelete