Friday, May 24, 2013

45 Day Challenge

I spent last week at Cape May, NJ volunteering as a moderator for the groups that came to the retreat house. It was so nice to see volunteers that I had not seen over the past few months and they were able to comment on my weight loss. The feeling of being acknowledged for my weight loss is amazing. Not to mention I pulled out a picture of me when I was 16 and people could not believe that it was me that was in the picture. They could tell it was someone who was related to me but not me. 

In talking with the cook, I verbalized a bet with her. Since I hit my mini goal of being under 200 lbs, my next goal is on the horizons. By July 21st I would like to be at 185 lbs. That is the point that I will be considered "overweight" instead of "obese" on the BMI scale. I have about 14 lbs to lose by then and know that I can do it, I just have to get stricter with my eating. Lately, I have been tracking but then eating a little more and exercising more to try and combat that. 

When I got home from the Cape, a person I follow put up on her blog a challenge which has inspired me. It is called the 45 Days Challenge. The goal is to refocus ourselves on a goal and then work towards it through healthy eating and exercise. This has sparked my challenge to myself to do better. Wednesday was my weigh in day and I did not do well with eating but yesterday I did great!

My first step is to get back into recording what I eat to a T and staying within budget. It has been a while since I have done it consecutively but I know that when I put my mind to it, I can do anything. The second step is changing up my exercise routine. I have begun to get away from Zumba and the cardio for a majority. Now, my attention is being focused on strength training and toning. It is important since I have lost so much weight and I am beginning to have skin issues. It is not serious but I know I cannot go on any longer without doing some toning and weight lifting. 

So, for the next 40 days, I am going to be working hard and trying new things to change up my routine. Come along for the ride, it is going to be so much fun! It is time to push your own limits and see just how much you can do. 

☺Ashley☺

No comments:

Post a Comment