I have tried to keep blogs before but never stayed true to them and ended up forgetting about them. So, I decided with the chance of a new me comes a new blog that I will stick to in sickness and in health. I will not give away my weight because it is embarrassing but after I have gotten down to a decent size I will share the number. I am certainly owning that number no doubt and I am certainly not proud of it. It is only 10 pounds down from my biggest weight which is not good. Some stats for today:
BMI: 41.4
Exercise: 5 days a week/2 miles a day
Start date: Saturday March 31, 2012
LoseIt! Start Date: Tuesday June, 19, 2012
You may be wondering just what the title means, it looks confusing to the unsuspecting reader. Well, here it is... The first part of Week 1 stands for how long I have been on my new health plan. The term diet seems too harsh for me so I am going to refuse to use it anywhere in my blog. This is a turn in the right direction for my eating habits and I am beyond thrilled to be using the LoseIt! program. For me, it is ten times easier than Weight Watchers or any other type of program out there to date. All I have to do is count the calories and monitor what I eat on a daily basis. It is the accountability factor that I have been lacking for such a long period of time. I can add in my exercise on the program which makes it so easy!
Now for the second part of my title.. I am on week 12 of exercising five days a week. Never in a million years would I have thought that I could get this far and continue on knowing that there is still light at the end of this long dark tunnel. I am beyond thrilled of myself for keeping the routine up and not letting myself down. I realized by the 6 week mark that if I decided to skip a day, the next day I was so upset because I skipped. There is a sense of happiness and I feel so much healthier walking and knowing that I am working towards a goal. For this I am tracking it using both the LoseIt! program and Active.com. The latter program keeps track of how much I exercise and keeps it in a calendar that is within reach for me and also has the latest events around the United States. So, if I wanted to look up a race, I can go right there and register. Easy, right?
This summer, I have begun my search for jobs as I just graduated college. It is often stressful and has me guessing at times if I will be able to obtain a teaching position. In the meantime, I am making my health my focus. No longer do I want to be the fat girl or the one teased, or laughed at when I am on the beach. Plus, on the inside I feel skinny and beautiful, and it is time for me to show it on the outside.
So, thus begins my journey into the unknown. It may sound scary at first but it is like going on a roller coaster blindfolded, it will be scary at times but exhilarating other times, just have to keep on going until the end!
For now...
Ashley <3

No comments:
Post a Comment